Monday, June 15, 2009

Italian Inspirations Art Exhibit

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

Just Friday I had another art reception here in Florence, Italy, this time at L’Entoca Pozzo Divino. I love this space. Pozzo Divino means ‘divine well’ in Italian and is a perfect name for this semi-underground wine cellar. Pino Palmiero, the proprietor, offers Tuscan products, such as wines, balsamic vinegars, salsas, pasta, cantuccini and more. And he has wines from other regions of Italy as well. My brother Paul can attest to this since he greatly impressed my landlady and landlord with a wine from Napoli.

I normally do not publish images of people without their permission and I have not had much time to do proper marketing, so . . . I hope you like these images I took of the exhibit before we opened. I met a lot of people that I had never seen before and chatted with friends as well. People were very complimentary of my figurative art and I could not have asked for much more . . . thank you all!







Si trova (you can find) Pozzo Divino and Pino at Via Ghibellina 144r (between the famous Bargello sculpture museum and Teatro Verdi) in Florence. www.pozzodivino.eu (also www.pozzodivino.com and www.pozzodivino.it Usually open in the afternoons – 4 to 7 pm., but you can always walk around the corner to Salumeria Verdi to find his original business and ask to be taken into Pozzo Divino. No problem, unless it is lunchtime, when Salumeria Verdi is typically swamped! Great affordable dining!

This exhibit continues through 22 June 2009.

And of course, more of my art can be seen on my site: http://borsheimarts.com/ or on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/kelly.borsheim

Happy Birthday, John Seiler!


3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Kelly, what a beautiful exhibit! Congratulations. Your paintings and drawings are wonderful. The paintings on the street are amazing, too. Sigh......

Kelly Borsheim Artist said...

Why thank you, Jo. It is so much more fun to hang a show with people I know and like! Pino's wine cellar Pozzo Divino is a very cool space, even if it was a prison centuries ago!

Jeanne Rhea said...

Wow! What a wonderful exhibit! Your paintings are amazing.