Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day Florence Italy

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

Since it is Earth Day, I thought I would show you a few more of the photographs that I have taken of my Italian friend Doria’s charming garden not too far from central Florence. Can you tell that tulips are my favorite flowers?









Only yesterday I learned that THIS WEEK is Cultural Week in Italy. All of the State-run Museums are FREE to enter. I have work to do! April 18-26, 2009. For more information, call 800 991199 or visit www.beniculturali.it

Now, make a wish! Or as Luca told me they do in Italia, say “Pippo Filippo” (pee-poh fee-lee-poh). The puffing wind that your breath makes when you make these syllables blows the seeds from the dente di leone (assuming you put the flower up to your lips first). Happy Earth Day, it is a “let us wash each other’s back” situation . . .

No comments: