Thursday, April 23, 2009

Art Exhibit Publicity Florence Italy

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

OK, my exhibit opening was well attended and a LOT of fun. I did not get home until around 3 a.m.! In fact, Sei Divino and I will be having another reception, the “Not Quite Closing Party” on Saturday May 2, from about 7 - 11 p.m. here in Florence, Italy.

Besides getting listed in “The Florentine,” here is some more cool publicity:
http://www.absolutearts.com/artsnews/2009/04/16/35509.html
If you can read Japanese, check out this: http://mihodesigns.seesaa.net/article/117542666.html


It was a bit stressful trying to get my art in centro, but I still depend on Hafiza’s bike to help me. Still, I had to leave the very large box with a framed charcoal and pastel drawing at home because I just could not figure out how to load him up. He is quite large. Anyway, once I delivered the remaining artworks to my frame shop in central Florence, I was ready to call a taxi.

Once at Sei Divino, Antonio helped me relax and soon, I was back to my efficient confident self as we hung the artwork. It is the unknowns that cause stress and I always fear that tasks will take longer than I think (because I have little concept of time). Simo (short for Simone), the cook, was preparing that night’s yummies. Two of the three co-owners Cristian and Fabiano came in a wee bit later and Fabiano told me that this was the best exhibit they have had here. He told me that a man from Sicily called to find out more about my exhibit. People were wonderfully kind to me, and after midnight my friend Tuulia came over to pull me onto the “dance floor”; a joyous evening.

Normally, I am the photographer for my friends’ events, but not so much for my own this evening. I ended up photographing the exhibit after Sei Divino was closed and again the next afternoon. I had to go back anyway to replace a sold drawing with a new one.

So, I hope that you can see the exhibit, either online:
borsheimarts.com/lightfromdarkness.htm
Or with me again on 2 May in the evening. And later, we could dance . . .


P.S. Happy Birthday, Grandma Viv!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, Congrats for a Great Job Well Done !
I hope you feel good about your perseverence and accomplishment, you deserve it.
In a 'normal economy' you would be a sell-out.
Keep the Faith in what you are doing and in people.
Thankyou,
Gene P.