Saturday, April 11, 2009

Buona Pasqua Florence Italy


Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

Buona Pasqua or Happy Easter, as you wish. Since I am still very busy working to finish several paintings and drawings before my solo exhibit opens this Thursday in Florence, Italy, I will leave you with the following.

Last year, I wrote about the “Explosion of the Cart” that happens each Easter between Florence’s famous Duomo and Bastistry. To find out the connection between explosions and the religious holiday of Easter, please click on the link below.


http://artbyborsheim.blogspot.com/2008/03/easter-in-florence-italy.html


I also want to leave you with a few of the snapshots that I have taken of Doria and Luca’s garden. I feel fortunate to live with them. And finally, the full moon as I saw him over the Porta San Niccolò along the Arno River the other night. Enjoy this weekend and now, I paint.









3 comments:

Richard Womack said...

Many blessings,& recovery for Italy.
Maybe people will donate through you,for a greater good for all!

Kelly Borsheim Artist said...

Ciao! I do not have an easy way to set up fundraising to help the Italian earthquake victims. However, fellow blogger, Sara Rosso, wrote a wonderful personal story and gave resources on how you can help.

Check out her blog entry:
http://www.msadventuresinitaly.com/blog/2009/04/07/earthquake-in-abruzzo-italy-and-reflections-on-another-california-earthquake/

Jo Castillo said...

Happy Easter, I hope the show is a great success. I am looking forward to the photos! I'm glad you weren't too shaken up and feel for the people that were. Thanks for sharing the links.