Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Teaching Sculpture, How to Draw


Cari Amici,

I have finally figured out my teaching schedule for this summer in Texas. I will only be in the States for two months. Here is the jist:

Classes in the Teaching Studio of Beth Schoen in Austin, Texas:


Drawing Class:

Tuesday evening 6 - 8 p.m. (or 7 - 9 p.m. if you think that is better)
Dates: July 22, 29 + August 5,12,19, 26

Sculptural Anatomy Workshop:

Two weekends (Sat and Sun) 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Dates: July 19-20 + July 26-27

Sculpting Hands and Feet:

Saturday, August 2: perhaps noon to 5 p.m.? or 10-5 with lunch break?


Then at my studio, Cedar Creek, Texas:


Intro to Stone Carving:

Labor Day weekend Aug. 30, 31, + Sept 1; hours: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.

I hope to publish a Web page with the final dates, costs, materials list, and payment options soon. But if you have feedback and wish to take a class or two, by all means contact me sooner than later.

Quoted Artist


I recently received a “Google Alert” on my name, which let me know that a site had quoted me. Pretty cool to be on a page with such people as Audrey Hepburn, one of my longtime favorites, and other notables. Although, I should blush because this happens to be one of the less-than-lady-like things that have come out of my mouth. Here is the link if you are curious at all:
http://www.shooshee.org/shtuff/2008/05/26/judgements/

Enjoy your day and give me feedback on the teaching schedule!
Grazie mille,
Kelly

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

The quote made me smile! You usually don't mince words. Heh, heh.

Jeanne Rhea said...

I like the quote! More evidence that well-behaved women rarely make history. (A quote that I think of when I see a quote like yours.) ;)