Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trattoria Dante - Florence, Italy


24 October 2007
I was treated to dinner on a cold and rainy night here in Florence by the charming Clare Santacroce. I met Clare in late August or September of this year at Cafe Caffeine in Austin, Texas, shortly before I arrived in Florence. She and her friend Krystal spent part of their Italian holiday in a very charming flat near Piazza Santa Croce in Florence. How convenient was that?
Anyway, I took them to one of my newly discovered and favorite ristoranti Trattoria Dante. It is just down an alley from my place on Piazza Santa Croce. The food is yummy and reasonably priced. But mostly I love the family atmosphere and the fun staff. Crystal and Clare were taught a wee bit of Italian by our multi-lingual waiter. And we really enjoyed watching a young girl acting cute -- a prelude to trouble -- with a family who so obviously eats here a lot.

Clare owns a business making wedding invitations and more. Check it out at:
http://exquisitepapers.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Is this the restaurant with the "inferno" pizza? I may have eaten there last June...