Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Carving Marble Torsos

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

Generally after I hang a big exhibit, I find my energy zapped and need a day or more to recoup a bit before beginning to make art again. That pattern held true for my current exhibit at The Vineyard at Florence, which will be up at least until mid-January 2011. I had been working very hard to create lots of new works for this and other events since I returned to Texas. I really need to continue to do this – at least until I have my last event of the year on 12 December at The Curioseum in the Community Renaissance Market in Austin, Texas.

However, some days I just cannot make myself do what I should. Yesterday was one such spontaneous day. It was slightly cloudy, but warm – one of my absolute favorite kind of carving day. So, tools in hand, I worked on my marble carving of two torsos titled “Back to Back.”

I enjoyed my day outside and have been loving refining the forms each day that I have been able to go out, even if for only an hour or two. Sometimes I like it that stone carving takes so long. For a while now, I have been trying to find some clever answer for how to finish the tops of the torsos. Here you see some clarified sketches for an idea I started visualizing last March.



Supporting the Arts during the Holidays



Whether you want to brave America’s “Black Friday” this week with the crowds at the shops, or stay home, if you shop at all with Amazon.com, you can also help support this blog without spending one cent more than you normally would!
Borsheim Arts Studio is an affiliate of Amazon's. Just visit ANY page on my blog and look along, down the right hand column until you see the search box for Amazon.com.

Then just type in any title or item you want to find on Amazon while on my blog page and start shopping. You will be taken to Amazon’s site, but they know you started with my site. Amazon will send a little something my way for most sold items and it will not cost you a cent extra! This is an easy way to support, for example, my art blog writing and photography efforts.
Thank you and happy shopping!
http://artbyborsheim.blogspot.com



No comments: