Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stone Carving Competition Florence Texas


Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

During my Open Studio back in February, two stone carvers, Brooke and Matt, visited me from the Florence, Texas area. I was invited to join them in a relatively new event, a very short carving competition and art festival at a vineyard.

While I am not very competitive with other people (preferring to push myself instead), I really am looking forward to meeting other stone carvers in this area not far from my Texas home.

I understand that art will be for sale, as well as there being a silent auction of a variety of items to help out the local library in Florence. So, come on out to The Vineyard, try some wine, and watch us carvers work!

27 & 28 March
Saturday hours: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (but I leave around 4 p.m.)
Sunday hours: 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. (with the Silent Auction closing at 4 p.m.)
“2010 Stone Carving Competition and Fine Arts Festival”
The Vineyard
8711 FM 487
Florence, Texas 76527
Contact: Kambrah Garland at 512-924-7447


Pictured here is a new marble carving that I have started and will probably be working on during the festival. I will also be exhibiting a few selected works of 3-dimensional art.
Come on out!

2 comments:

Gene P. said...

Hi Kelly,
I'm behind on checkin emails; just saw this new marble you're into and I think it's a great composition and a kinda Duality for my brain.
Great Idea, Thanks,
Gene P.

Delbert said...

One of the oldest forms of sculpting is stone carving. Earlier ancient and old fashioned tools were used by sculptors and they used to chip away any stone which was in there area, later they started picking particular types of stone based on the properties of that stone. Steel tools like hammer, picks, chisels and other strong tools are used by sculptors to create attractive sculptors.