Thursday, May 22, 2008

Semi-private furnished room to Rent for Summer in Florence, Italy


Cari Amici,
I do not suppose you would like to live in my room here in Florence, Italy? Sound enticing? Read on . . .

Really Affordable Room in Florence, Italy!



Visiting Tuscany for a summer workshop? or just visiting and want to make the most of your American Dollar? If you are looking for a place to stay, I am renting out my room for the summer months: 10-31 July, August, and part of September while I return to the States. Whole or partial time (pro-rated cost) is fine.

Price: 320 € per month, includes all utilities + Internet
The semi-private room is perhaps 18 x 18 feet, window, has two single beds (one with a VERY soft mattress), table, 2 chairs, closets, high ceiling, etc.
I live with 3 women: an Italian doctor; an Italian shoe designer; and an art student from Serbia. All speak Italian; one speaks very good English; the other two speak only a small amount of English.
The artist must access her room only by going through my room.
But she is very polite and respectful (not to mention charming, as they all are).

The house has 2 working full bathrooms (shower in one, tub in the other), a kitchen (including oven/forno) and dining room, a washing machine, and a lovely terrace with lots of plants on it. Plus Wireless Internet. (No air conditioning that I am aware of.) Sheets & towels provided.




My roommates will accept a male or female renter for this short duration.
One roommate smokes occasionally, but only on the terrace. No guest or resident
smokes inside. So the house is almost smoke-free.

2nd piano (3rd floor). Marble stairs, no lift.
Address is on Via Leonardo da Vinci, between Piazza Libertà and Piazza Savonarola,
just a 15 minute walk from the Duomo.
Grocery store is located about 3 (small Italian) blocks away.

Please inquire for more fotos.

Anyone interested can contact me, Kelly Borsheim, in Italy before 8 July via e-mail (anytime): sculptor@borsheimarts.com




1 comment:

Kristy Gordon said...

Oh wow! I had actually been kind of thinking about doing a workshop there either this summer or next! I'll let you know if I end up doing it!!