Saturday, December 15, 2007

New Pencil Drawings Done In Italy




I have three new figure sketches that I did in Italia recently. I am embarrassed that in my haste, I was only able to tape them up on the wall of my new apartment and take poor quality photographs. I will take new images of them when I return to Italia. However, I hope that you can see some of my latest endeavors to capture the human gesture. “Mauro” was sketched for my Naked Gondolier series on 21 November. “Sara” and “Chiara” were sketched in different model sessions, both on 28 November. These are short poses (2 hours or less). If memory serves, these are anywhere from 10 inches to around 14 inches tall.

While I sometimes can get further along in two hours in paint, not often. And I am really trying to refine my designo of the gesture. So, it is better for me to slow down, observe, and think. I hope you can see these and that they appeal to you. I do feel that my skills in 2-dimensional figure drawing are improving dramatically, even if to some people these differences seem subtle.

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Kelly, these look great. I have not seen earlier sketches, so can't compare. I know from my experience that sketching from life really helps the eye coordination. It is interesting to see sketches on line, we artists always kept sketchbooks private before .. artist eyes only. Thanks for sharing.

Theresa Taylor Bayer said...

Welcome back Kelly! Beautiful stuff as always.
Theresa

Kelly Borsheim Artist said...

Thanks, gals! Will I see you at AVAA's life drawing today? hope so. baci,
Kelly