Sunday, February 17, 2008

Charcoal Drawing of Male Hands



On the weekends, I try so hard to finish many projects that I have begun in the work week. Today, I sprayed my latest charcoal drawing with fixative and then photographed him.
I would like to share with you “Francesco, 13 Febbraio 2008” This drawing is really about the shapes of a male model’s hands. I have always loved drawing hands, which most artists know are very difficult to portray with emotion.



I was pleased that the model Francesco also liked the drawing. This charcoal measures 15 x 60 cm (about 6 x 24 inches) and is on a heavy watercolor paper. I really enjoy this elongated proportion and it is my hope to bring attention to the lovely form and tones in a specific part of the human body, in this case, the hands. And I have always loved the soft qualities of black and white.

This original charcoal drawing from life is SOLD

2 comments:

Richard Womack said...

Great hand,engaging,graceful.

Kelly Borsheim Artist said...

Hi all,
Thank you for all the generous feedback I received in my e-mail box. This drawing has been sold and if you would like to see him in his Italian frame, please visit:
http://www.borsheimarts.com/drawing2.htm
Scroll down past some of the other figure drawings.
Thanks again,
Kelly