Friday, December 17, 2021

Stone Carving Swan Sculpture ~ Putting First Holes 2021-12-16 with artis...

The work on the swan marble carving continues. Today, showing you how I drill/carve holes into the stone and how to insure that I end up in the correct places. Here I have used a combination of my Bantam, a small pneumatic hammer with a three-tooth chisel; a double-cut carbide tip with a 6-inch shank for reaching into small hard-to-reach places; and a diamond disk for cutting open the space between the swan's wings in the back. 

 

 I appreciate your feedback, if these videos are interesting and worthwhile for you (or not). Leave your comments or questions below. And to see some of my finished stone carvings, go here: https://BorsheimArts.com 

 

Thank you for your interest and time! Cheers, Kelly

 

 

No comments: