Thursday, January 23, 2014

Still Life Painting Perishables Project

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),
I have been working on an exercise to paint things that are perishable.  However, in my original composition, there were too many individuals wanting equal attention.  And that is not how a society runs.  [Sad, but true.]   So, I decided to put the focus more into the area of high chroma and hung some garbage bags over my models in such a way that the left side was more in shadow.  I am curious to see how the final painting turns out.





2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Ahhh, yes. The shadow makes it much more dramatic. Beautiful.

Kelly Borsheim Artist said...

Hi Jo,... thank you. Sadly, I am still having problems with Blogger. And the third and best image could not be added. For some weird reason, I cannot add images as I used to. Also, I cannot write in Word anymore... just Notepad, if I want the subscriptions to go out! I need to figure out if I can move my blog to my own site. sigh...
but now, I have moved on to other projects and hope to put in the finishing touches on this title-less painting before April. haha. april. hmmm.