Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Compatibility Sculpture


Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

Most people do not know how shy I really am because when I was a teenager my mother enrolled me into the organization Toastmasters International that helps people conquer fears of public speaking (and also to learn how to do it well). I remember feeling unworthy of introducing myself to new people as an “artist.” Artists were cool people, I thought, and I am only me.

Well, that is one fear I rarely struggle with these days, since I have embraced who I am wholeheartedly. I am very happy to be celebrating this month my twelve-year anniversary for “taking the plunge” to full-time art. You may share in some of this joy, if you like, by reading my latest art newsletter about my visit to the Guggenheim in Bilbao, Spain, and noting how you may enjoy some of my sculpture (or my friend's -- the amazing Ukrainian-American sculptor Vasily Fedorouk).

Here is a sculpture I did of a couple of models who happened to be married … to each other. My favorite comment from them after our multiple sculpting sessions together was that posing for me was the best quality time they were able to find in their busy lives. I dearly hope they have continued to find more of that after the sculpture was completed! What a rare treat it was to be able to work with a couple of models in such an intimate pose! I hope you like the love in this composition titled “Compatibility.” For views from other angles, please click on the title “Compatibility.” Thank you for your interest!

"Compatibility"


bronze with wood base
9" h x 14" x 11"
limited edition of 12 for bronze
Price List

Also, terra-cotta original sculpture
artist's proof (one-of-a-kind)
11" h x 13" x 9"
by Kelly Borsheim
Price List

No comments: