Thursday, September 3, 2009

Walking on Sunshine Art

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

I had a busy day today, but in many ways wonderful. Two of my errands were to different shops to pick up the new frames for two of my paintings done in Italy. Wow, it really is amazing how a good frame completes a painting!


"Relinquish"
oil on canvas
50 x 70 cm


While my figurative oil painting “Relinquish” was being put inside its lovely new and elegant, coffee-colored Ansley frame from Larson-Juhl, I wandered through Jerry’s Artarama. Currently on exhibit along one wall in the art supply store is a collection of large artworks by young girls aged 6 to 13 who participated in a four-day workshop at The Girls’ School of Austin. Artist and teacher Nancy D. Hoover taught the workshop that focused on collage, gesso texture, and acrylic painting techniques.

I found the painting shown here – I believe a 30 x 30-inch canvas – by a ten-year-old named Dani to be quite enchanting. Her title is “Walking on Sunshine” and I suspect is inspired from a (fun dance) song lyric. Dani’s acrylic collage painting struck me as pure and joyful, a true celebration of life. She created an interesting composition and I just wanted to share her art with you. I do not know her, but I hope she will not mind my posting this.


2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

This is so great. Good for Dani! I also went to remind me about "Relinquish" and saw, "Insatiable", I love that. Happy to see you posting and working hard....

Kelly Borsheim Artist said...

Hi Jo, where are you now -- still NM?

Thank you for the compliments on both of those paintings. I did them for my exhibit in Italia.

http://borsheimarts.com/lightfromdarkness.htm


If you are in Bastrop soon, come on by the AVAA exhibit. Opening is next Wed. 9 Sept, after Labor Day holiday. 6-8.
Also, I will be doing an artist's talk on 20 Sept, starting around noon (other artists too). I am thinking that I will show the street painting work done in Italia . . .

Be safe this holiday, wherever you are. Thanks again!