Thursday, April 30, 2009

Framing Art in Florence Italy

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

Ciao! Preparing for an art exhibit is often stressful. It was so in my recent case while preparing for my first solo art exhibit in Florence, Italy. In my case, I was trying to create too many works in too short a time. And I do not see the point in putting an artwork in a frame if she is just not ready to be seen yet. Canceling any semblance of a social life and working lots of extra hours is one thing. Lowering my standards is quite another.

In the end, I removed two intended drawings from my exhibit. I will finish them as soon as I slow down some more. But it was also during this period that I met Lili Baehr. Her daughter Evy is studying photography in Florence and Lili had a dream to come here, too. She became one of my blog readers and rented the best apartment that I have seen in Florence to date. We have connected off and on while her month-long visit is ongoing. I met her friends Lauren and Shirley, and spent several occasions with her sister Lucrecia.


Lili and Lucrecia walked all the way out of the central part of Florence to where I live, only to catch me rushing about. They got a quick tour of my working space and then graciously helped me carry artworks to my framer, Massimo Fossi on Via della Pergola.



So, how about that? Go to meet an artist and you get put to work immediately! Lili thought to take these images of me with Massimo. And I was pleased that they loved my drawings. “Enough!” seemed to draw Lili’s attention again and again. I am grateful that my work has gotten so much high praise (from Lili and Lucrecia, as well as others since that day). Thank you so much.

If you would like to see my solo art exhibit online, click here:
http://borsheimarts.com/lightfromdarkness.htm


Also, an interesting Article: Life, The Brain, and Longevity:

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/article6163496.ece


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great 'write and photos and articles'. Your energy and passion are showing.
Thanks Kelly.
Gene P.

Kelly Borsheim Artist said...

well, at least it is not my underwear showing -- lol.
thanks for your consistent encouragement. Now where are all the buyers? I want to be able to keep making art! Paying for the frames would be nice too.

:-)

grazie tanti and happy 1 May.