Monday, March 23, 2009

Italian Nude Male Drawing


Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

Sometimes an artist gets lucky and works with a model that has almost no fat. It is like having a living écorché! Italian-born Gianni is like that. Gianni has been an artist’s model for many, many years and on both sides of the Atlantic. He says he does not work out much, but he has always had this physique. I tried to capture the feel of his muscular form, but in the brief time that I had, I know that I left out so many nuances of shapes in the back.

Still, I really enjoy this original drawing, in part because it reminds me of historical drawings of male nude figures.

“Gianni – 18 March 2009” is an original drawing in charcoal on Arches paper. This paper is strong with some texture and very lovely. The dimensions of this nude figure drawing are 28 x 18 cm (approximately 11” x 7”). He is currently available for $150, which includes free shipping from Florence, Italy.

Send check or money order to:
Borsheim Arts Studio
P. O. Box 340
Cedar Creek, Texas 78612 (USA)
Or pay conveniently online with your credit card by clicking on the PayPal link below.







Thank you for your interest and support.


Plus, I thought this was of interest from my weekly e-mail from artsjournal.com:
Article: Arts World Weight-Sharing Techniques (How Artists Can Help Businesses)
http://www.thebulletin.us/articles/2009/03/18/arts_culture/doc49c0d3b88e20e987634465.txt

No comments: