Saturday, December 20, 2008

Towers in Florence Italy

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

Not only do I love exploring Florence, Italy, at night, but also I cherish her during the winter holiday season. The colored lights enhance the buildings and we have had so much rain lately that everything seems to glow.

I include some recent snapshots I took while riding Hafiza’s bike along the Lungarno (the roads that parallel the Arno River) after midnight. These two towers are situated between the Ponte (bridge) alle Grazie and the Ponte San Niccolò.

In this first image, the fuzzy white almost-circular shape on the right is the rising moon. Beside some of the still-remaining fall foliage, you may be able to make out some of the raging waters of the Arno, roaring over the dam.

This second photo is my favorite of the bunch. I love the patterns of the reflected colors created in the top and relatively calm portion of the dam. Some of them look like people to me.

And this third focuses on one of my most photographed landmarks in Florence. I love this tower and have seen how the light changes it. I hope you enjoy these images.

Please do not forget to look at the many prizes offered by the Menu for Hope program. Make a donation and possibly make out with a gift for you or your loved ones.


Click here for prize list


or here.



No comments: