Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Portraits of an Artist

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

Lots of my artist friends and I get together on Monday and Tuesday evenings and sit for one another to make portrait studies. It was recently my turn to pose. Because of my spine injury many years ago, I chose to stand. Sitting makes my legs go numb. I must say that I prefer to be the artist and not the model.

My friend Skye Campbell took this photo of me during the pose the first day. All in all, I posed for 8 hours over several days.

Posted here, with permission, are sketches done from these sessions. I will post more as I get images and permissions. These first two are: Pencil Drawing by Skye MacArthur Campbell and I believe a charcoal by Ami Badami. Enjoy.




2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Kelly, I think it shows that you prefer painting over posing. Ha. Nice to "see" you anyway. Makes me feel that you aren't so far away. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly, were you purposely posing an 'attitude' or is it that would rather be doin it than posin it?
You are still young and beautiful and what eyes you have.
Gene P.