Monday, October 13, 2008

Pencil Figure Drawing Florence, Italy



Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

While I was working as a madonnara a couple of weeks ago, I met a charming young gal who lives in Pietrasanta, Italy, but is not a sculptor. It turned out she wanted to work again as a model, so I hired her for one of my Open Studio sessions here in Florence.

I created the figure drawing that you see here in the session with this lovely woman. While I love the shape of Eva’s mouth, I was more drawn to the light around her hand and made my composition with this area as the focal point. In the pinky finger, I see some resemblance to the late artist Tamara de Lempicka, but perhaps that is my imagination.

While in Texas this past summer, I bought a product called “Liquid Pencil” and have tried it here on a watercolor paper. She has a very sketchy, water-y look to her and I like it. The drawing measures about 23 x 6 inches. She is priced at $125 + $18 for shipping from Florence, Italy, to anywhere in the world.

Just click on the PayPal button below for a safe financial transaction and the drawing “Eva” can be yours.
Thank you for your interest and support of the arts (and of me too.)








P.S. Happy Birthday, Danielle. 24, hard to believe. I love you.


1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Lovely. Evidently the liquid pencil works well for you. She almost looks sculpted from the paper. :)