Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ponte Vecchio at Night-Florence, Italy


Does familiarity breed fondness or are some places simply beautiful? I find myself photographing several places around Florence over and over. So many ways for something – or someone – to look different. So many variables. Above, you will see an image of the famous Ponte Vecchio – the only bridge along the Arno River in Florence, Italy, that was not bombed during World War II.

The 6th of November was different even from my walk by tonight because there was a large spotlight coming from the direxion of the Uffizi Galleria that is not visible tonight. The light really shows off the shapes and sculpture on the bridge. My friend Simone speculated that perhaps a film was being shot there that night. But we did not walk that way to check it out. I hope you enjoy this view of the Ponte Vecchio (old bridge, literally “bridge old”).

No comments: