Saturday, October 6, 2007

Fine Art and Wine - Pozzo Divino, Florence, Italy





I attended a fun art opening for my friend Letitia "Tish" Lowe this past Thursday night.
It was held at Enoteca Pozzo Divino (In Italian, most adjectives follow the noun. pozzo divino = 'Divine Well' but also is a nice play: if Pozzo di Vino,
it would mean 'well of wine'). This beautiful building offers wine tasting, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar: Italian staples.
Owner Pino and manager Ernie (Ernesto) are gracious hosts and you should love to visit this place on
Via Ghibellina 144R (R in the address means "red" and denotes a business address), across from the famous Teatro Verdi in Florence, Italy.

Tish had many paintings on exhibit that evening, some of which were portraits of fellow artists. I include here her
rather large and dynamic portrait of Jason. He was on display downstairs in the wine cellar. Is this not just an exquisite setting for beautiful art? 'Love the brick and wine, although
too well-lit to be considered an Edgar Allen Poe setting.
Another portrait is of another artist here in Firenze - Theresa. This image also shows my bronze "Ten" on exhibit.

So, come to Firenze and enjoy good wine, tasty oils and vinegars, and classical art.

For more information about Tish Lowe, please visit:
www.tishlowe.com

For more information about Pozzo Divino, please visit:
www.pozzodivino.it

ciao dopo! (See ya later!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, what a beautiful blog site. Many thanks for the nice comments. Pino and Ernie were very pleased with the plug you gave Pozzo Divino. All in all, it was a night to remember.

Ciao bella,
Tish

Kelly Borsheim Artist said...

Thanks, Tish. I stopped by today and really, those guys are SO KIND! I love Firenze!
un bacio,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi...Ernie (Ernesto) is my dad, my name is Natalie... I miss working there, I only work there in the summer because I go to school in New York.
Oh well...ciao!