Saturday, February 28, 2015

Salon del Restauro Fortezza da Basso Florence Italy



Dear Art lover,
     Back in mid-November, I attended an event about restoring artworks of all kinds.  Or many kinds, at least.  The Salon del Restauro in the always-fun-to-visit Fortezza da Basso not far from the Santa Maria Train station in Florence, Italy, was a joy.  I was glad that I went alone.  I love looking at old things and I am attracted, perhaps sadly, to things that are not perfect.  I find beauty in destruction and decay, but not of violence.  And of course, not always.  Some things are just gross.

restoration of old books and paper Salon del Restauro Florence Italy Fortezza da Basso

     I am also a multitasker.  At the time I was looking for a new school to enroll in so that I could obtain a new student visa to remain in Italy.  I had looked at several language schools, but was not convinced that their program would last several years.  And I have often been curious about the restoration process for art.  At the very least, I might learn more about chemistry in painting and know more about how to create a new work of art without it dying an early death.

calligraphy old Salon del Restauro Florence Italy Fortezza da Basso


     I am launching my Kickstarter project for bronze casting very soon, so I will just leave you with some of my favorite snapshots from the Salon del Restauro in Florence, Italy.  If you have any questions about the images, please post them on the actual blog page and I will answer them there.  If you have a question, there are no doubt others with the same one.
     Thank you for hanging with me in this wacky art life!


Please share this with anyone you think might enjoy this post!  Thank you.
Kelly

~ Kelly Borsheim, sculptor, painter, writer, teacher

sculpture school Italy enlargement of marble

digital camera photograph art painting

digital camera for art restoration Salon del Restauro Florence Italy Fortezza da Basso

solving problems of photography art computer false color

computer analyze color art Salon del Restauro Florence Italy Fortezza da Basso

plaster texture display Salon del Restauro Florence Italy Fortezza da Basso

reconstruciton of ruined sculpture

Xray levels in art Salon del Restauro Florence Italy Fortezza da Basso

painting supplies Salon del Restauro Florence Italy Fortezza da Basso

metallic paint colors Salon del Restauro Florence Italy Fortezza da Basso

crushing pigments for paint Salon del Restauro Florence Italy Fortezza da Basso

microscope science Salon del Restauro Florence Italy Fortezza da Basso

microscope image Salon del Restauro Florence Italy Fortezza da Basso

microscope fossil view Salon del Restauro Florence Italy Fortezza da Basso

bell making Salon del Restauro Florence Italy Fortezza da Basso
PS 
Whoops... I have done it now. The project is now LIVE on the Internet.. Please help me spread the word and participate if so moved: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/borsheimarts/casting-call-im-melting-melting-into-bronze

No comments: