Wednesday, January 5, 2011

T-shirt Idea Katie Notan Art

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

Back in early December, I introduced a new artwork titled “Katie.” She is a white pastel on black paper drawing. Not truly Notan, which is a design strictly in black and white, because I have done a small amount of shading within the whites. The original artwork is shown at the end of this blog entry.

However, shortly after my original announcement, George Schreiber, one of my blog readers and a past stone carving workshop attendee, wrote to me and suggested that I put this design onto a T-shirt. This type of printing is George’s business and because of the subtle change of tones in most of my work, a T-shirt is not often the best kind of reproduction to do. “Katie” looks pretty cool, though.


He did a mockup of Katie, very rough, just to give me an idea of what it could look like.
I was thinking that this could be a fun way to add to my fundraiser for my young friend Rudy Sanchez to finally get a set of teeth. (Rudy, now 30, was born with Treacher Collins Syndrome, a facial-cranial deformity. Doctors removed the last of his teeth about four years ago and afterwards, his mother was told that Medicare considers teeth to be cosmetic and will not pay for him to get some…)

Anyway, I told George that I would think about this idea and see if there might be an interest in this design as a T-shirt. So, I am thinking of a price of $19.95 per black cotton T, short sleeves, plus $5 shipping if required. Texas-based destinations will need to pay a 6.75% sales tax, too. Any profits from this project will go towards Rudy’s teeth.

If this interests you at all, please just drop me an e-mail. If I get at least 12 people, we can make this a “go” and add to Rudy’s teeth fund.

Thank you … and thanks to readers like George who keep those ideas coming. Happy 2011.

1 comment:

Ms Masa said...

terima kasih atas post ini... =)
t shirt printing