Wednesday, November 3, 2010

More Boobs in Art

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

OK, so I missed the whole “October as Breast Cancer Awareness Month” to share this little gem of a painting with you. In mid-October I delivered my recently sold sculpture
“Against the Dying of the Light” to a collector in North Carolina. On my way home from this trip, I stopped in Atlanta to see the Titian and Dalí exhibits, as well as the permanent collection of The High Museum of Art. What a wonderful way to spend five hours!

Boob aficionados might remember that I wrote about the painting of the martyr “Sant’Agata” in Florence, Italy. Today, I share with you another artist’s version of the same saint. Italian painter Giovanni Busi Cariani created “Portrait of a Young Woman as Saint Agatha” in the years 1516 – 1517. I love the red wall color used for this entire exhibit!


Here is a better image on the site of her true home: the National Galleries of Scotland

Ouch! Just a friendly reminder to take care of all of your body parts before someone/thing else does.

And now, since I am having a busy week, I want to post this event invitation:
Sculptor Beth Schoen's Open Studio: guest artist Kelly Borsheim
4601 Smith Road
Austin, Texas
Tel. 512.740.7817
Saturday and Sunday 10 am to 5 p.m. Hope to see you there!

P.S. For 3 November: Wishing a very happy 70th birthday to my long-time friend Bob Barton. Still a great pilot!


2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Love this Saint. I didn't know about her. :) Thanks for the reminder to check up on ourselves. Good luck with the show.

Priti's Landscape Paintings said...

A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What one can be, one must be.