Thursday, April 2, 2009

Entwined Art

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

I am preparing a lot of new drawings, a few paintings, and I hope still to finish another sculpture for my solo exhibit here in Florence, Italy, at Sei Divino. The exhibit is titled “Kelly Borsheim: Luce dall’oscurità” (Light from Darkness) and starts on the 16th of April. Here is a preview of one of the new drawings, “Entwined.” And yes, this is one of the ones I was hoping to finish before the model Ernesto left (see previous blog entry).

Since I started seriously drawing, I have enjoyed drawing hands. I also find myself intrigued by mystery and high contrast. The idea of ‘being entwined’ (versus entangled) with something strikes me as romantic without being suffocating. And this pose with the hands over the chest feels comfortable. (The ‘two thumbs up’ reminds me of the sculpture I carved in stone of manta rays, “Encounter”.)


“Entwined” was drawn on Roma-brand paper using only charcoal and pastels. This original drawing is 20.5 x 64 cm (approximately 8” x 25”) and he is available from the Borsheim Arts Studio. He will have his public debut on 16 April in Florence.

Thank you for your continued interest.
Kelly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, 'Entwined' is FANTASTICO!
You are in full bloom for your exhibition, a perfect name too. Congratulations.
Gene P.

Jo Castillo said...

Fantastic is a great word for this piece. It is so lovely. Great name. Hope the show goes fantastically well, too!

Kelly Borsheim Artist said...

Gosh, I am blushing! Thank you both for your glowing enthusiasm.

un abbraccio,
Kelly