Friday, May 15, 2015

New Painting Weeping Willow Trees Live Model



Dear Art Lover,
     I have done a fair amount of paintings from live models while in the studio with a bunch of other artists.  Here in Florence, most of us tend toward similar styles (unlike my more fun experiences in Open Studios in Austin, Texas, in which anything goes!).  Maybe it is my being a tree-hugger that makes me want to turn these exercises into something someone might want, but in any event, I have been propping up some of the works and thinking about them.

     This painting of Magda sitting on a wooden bench seemed like a great one with which to start.  Her pose already gives the viewer a curiosity about where she is looking.  I have been longing for more trees in my life.  And maybe for times of innocence or less knowledge of what horrible things people are doing to the world and each other.  I have great memories of visiting my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins in St. Paul, Minnesota.  And I especially loved the huge weeping willow in the lakeside lawn of my paternal grandparents.  Oh, what times we had in that house, in that yard, and in that lake!

    So, please indulge me with my sweet little painting.  It brings me comfort and wonder and memories of beautiful times.  I hope you can take away something positive from Reflections of a Studio Model as well.

oil painting weeping willow trees reflection live model turtle




Reflections of a Studio Model
60 x 50 cm  oil on canvas
Copyright 2015 Kelly Borsheim
Available, please ask.

     She is presented here in my latest newsletter about the great Artemisia Gentileschi:

++++++++
art auction raise money against domestic violence Florence, Italy
 
     Related to her story is one for my next art event.  I want to give something back to the Renaissance City for some of the many changes in my life since I first came to touch a Michelangelo in 2004.
You are invited!
Enjoy the party, meet artists, si mangia bene!
Aperitivo (buffet) free to attend
All artworks start bids at 100 euro
Firenze, Italy
drawings donated by Kelly Borsheim
plus many other artist donations

Sunday 17 May 2015
Bidding starts at 17:30 (5:30 p.m.)
Casa Torricelli

Via Manzoni 2 [near Piazza Beccaria], Florence [Firenze, Italia]

Fine print:
There are a LOT of artworks to auction off!
ArtemisiA in collaboration with Le Giubbe Rosse [the artist's café in Piazza della Repubblica]

############################

Calendar:


  • Through 15 May, Cincinnati, Ohio: exhibit of two of my drawings in Manifest Gallery's DRAWN 2015. Be quick! Not much time left. 
  •  
  • In June I will be in Florida and South Carolina. If you want to get together, please contact me.
  • In early July, I will be in Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Chicago, St. Paul, and before that in North Carolina with family.
  • In late July, August, and early September, I will be working to carve stone and create bronze sculpture in Austin, Texas.
  • October 22-25 finds me at The Artists Fair, at the Bargehouse in London [Yes, England]:

www.theartistsfair.com

I would love to see you if possible.

Artist painter sculptor KellyThank you,
Kelly

No comments: