Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day Tour Poreč and Pazin Istria Croatia



Dear Art lover,
Poreč Croatia, Istria, bronze art, Bronze sculpture, mother and child     I am busy trying to maximize the opportunity that Kickstarter has given me to find a way to realize my bronze art, so I apologize for this brief blog entry.  Here are a few images from Poreč [on the sea] and Pazin [in the very center of Istria].  Poreč has a glorious basilica to which tourists flock.  The mosaics are stunning.  I share this image of part of the altar because it includes the gold, as well as the luster of the sea shells used (the circles).




Basilika in Poreč, Croatia, Istria, religious art, mosaic art, Basilica
Poreč, Istria, Croatia, harbor, Adriatic Sea, friends


     The last two images are from Pazin.  I always get a kick out of satellite dishes and other modern technology being planted on old architecture.  There is a museum of the history of Istria in Pazin.  I am debating on creating a blog post especially on that at a later date.  In the meantime, please enjoy these images.

     If you would like to see the new reward I added to the Kickstarter project, or are curious what it is all about, please visit:
Thank you so much,
Kelly

Steampunk in Pazin Istrira Croatia, technology in old architecture

~ Kelly Borsheim, sculptor, painter, writer, teacher

Winter chimney smoke floats above a natural stone wall and cave in Pazin Istria Croatia
This stone wall in Pazin drops vertically a long way before covering the river.

No comments: