Friday, April 3, 2009

Art Renewal Center Salon Art Award



Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

I met my friends Henna and Naomi on the Ponte Vecchio the other night so we could walk together over to the British Institute here in Florence, Italy, to watch the film “The End of the Affair.” Henna congratulated me for becoming a semi-finalist in an art competition. I had no idea of what she was speaking. It is good to have friends to keep you posted on your own life!

Allora:

THE ART RENEWAL CENTER is proud to present the award winners and finalists in our fifth International ARC Salon® Competition. This year we had well over 1600 entries from 30 different countries . . . . With so many quality entries, we found it necessary to add a semi-finalists tier to help narrow the field . . . ” per Fred Ross, ARC Chairman

So, out of all of this, my artwork made it to the semi-finalists:

http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/2009/Salon/winners9.asp

(this page has links to the other winners too)
I entered so long ago, but I think this was the competition in which I entered the sculpture category, with the bronze “Warrior Spirit”.

So, I still have work to do! Thank you for following along on this journey with me.

And thank you, Henna!

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Congratulations, Kelly! I have always liked that piece.