Thursday, November 29, 2007

Shops in Florence Italy


I have to look for a new place to live. Not sure I should give specifics about why since I am in a foreign country and all. I do not feel free to discuss the problem that the friend I am staying with is having, in case it makes things worse for this friend. And few people know that I am here.

Anyway, room hunting has led me to walking around town at hours I would otherwise be working on my art and I am getting to see many shops that are not normally open when I am out and about. The shop in the image here is near the Pitti Palace, I think. Or maybe Santo Spirito, but I think the Pitti.

You may not be able to see, but there is a man working diligently behind a desk way at the back of a long and rather narrow shop. He makes masks and other art objects for decoration. I do not know if all of the paintings in this shop are his, but some fit the theme with the masks and faces. I have been enchanted with many different kinds of shops here and wonder how anyone can pay his rent. Most shops specialize to a degree that I cannot believe there are enough buyers out here to keep things rolling. But, oh, the eye candy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always liked masks. I'm in the process of making one out of a cedar post that I got at your place the last time I was there. Hope you find a place to move soon.Wish I knew someone there to help you LOL. Any way its almost time for you to move back to Texas...Rodney

Jeanne Rhea said...

Thanks for sending a note about new posts on your blog. I really enjoy hearing about your adventures and your art. Hope you find a new place soon!