Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Details Stone Carving

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

It is not all in the details, but the details can offer fun little bonuses. These images show the beginning of my carving marble shapes into the hair band on the ponytail of the “Gymnast.” This is another case of a seemingly open space to work in that is actually not: There is not really enough room for me to get in an electric rotary tool to carve the small spheres in the band at all the angles I would like to reach. The legs that point to the sky in her pike position get in the way. Still, I hope that the details will be worth the efforts.

Below, you are invited to come over to say hello, during my upcoming book signings. The first is in North Austin this Thursday, while the second is in South Austin this Saturday. The book “My Life as a Street Painter in Florence, Italy” is getting good reviews, including this one:
Says Mary Condon, Mayor of Florence, Texas, "I love your book. I can barely put it down to do my work. I would like to order two more . . . "


Book Signing – North Austin:

Thursday, 6 October 2011
6 - 8 p.m.

Book signing for "My Life as a Street Painter in Florence, Italy"
hosted by the Art Space and Austin Visual Arts Association (AVAA)
Austin Art Space
7739 Northcross Drive
Austin, Texas 78757
www.austinartspace.com


Book Signing – South Austin:

Saturday, 8 October 2011
4 - 6 p.m.

Book signing for "My Life as a Street Painter in Florence, Italy"
hosted by The Curioseum inside the Community Renaissance Market
Community Renaissance Market
6800 West Gate Boulevard
Austin, Texas 78745

No comments: