Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sculpture Challenge Texas

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

Oh boy, did I screw up! I meant to write this post two days ago… you ARE invited!

Saturday, March 5, 2011: Sculpture Challenge (Texas) fundraiser for PAWS Animal Shelter


Hours: 10 am to 5:30 p.m.

Over a baker’s dozen of sculptors with even more art will be on hand for this event out in the sculpture gardens and grounds of my friends Philip and Michelle Hoggatt. They are two of the kindest, most generous people you could ever meet and they host this annual event for a local charity.

Plus I will be introducing my newest marble carving “Back to Back” – yep, the one that you have watched getting carved here on occasional blog posts. This marble sculpture will be entered into the Sculpture Challenge. Each artist is allowed to enter one piece and those attending the event get to vote on their favored works. It is a friendly competition, but the real goal is to help find homes for puppies of any age and needed funds for the shelter.

I will also have a few selected smaller works on exhibit and am just happy to be forced from a semi-seclusion. Do not get me wrong – I love to be alone and it is necessary for my process, but everyone needs a balance. It will be fun to connect with old friends and meet some new people.

Please come on out if you can (and if you have not received this too late):

CARVED STONE, INC.
5300 Bell Springs Rd. Dripping Springs, Texas 78620
Contact: Philip & Michelle Hoggatt Phone: 512-858-5665
Admission requires a $10 per person donation to PAWS. All ticket proceeds benefit PAWS. Also, if you purchase one of the sculptures entered into the Sculpture Challenge, 20% will go to PAWS.

1 comment:

Gene P. said...

I really like these sculptures Kelly.
Thanks,
Gene P.