Friday, January 14, 2011

Guinea and Marble Carving

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

I wanted to write some more about art, but this week it has been too cold to carve stone. I spent this past weekend labeling postcards, ordering giclée, and doing many other art-business tasks. Now, I am a bit happy that the weather is not so warm because I am working on a painting for a competition and need not the distraction of the marble.

Art News -- Pastel Workshop Savings:


Robert Adams of Hawaiian Art Journey recently told me that he would like to help celebrate my ten-year anniversary by offering a special savings to you:
$100 off (that is $10 x 10) Registration for Art Workshop "Pastels in Paradise with Kelly Borsheim" in Kona, Hawai'i April 17-22: Register BEFORE 28 Feb.


So, how about that? Now, I would like to leave you with these two images of some of the company I keep when I carve stone. These guineas are half-wild and wander around these parts, mostly kept by a neighbor. I feed them a bit too, which is why there is a jar of bird seed on my work table, blocking the view of my current work-in-progress, the “Gymnast” in Colorado Yule Marble. It would be wonderful if I could finish her before May, but for the moment she waits . . .


2 comments:

Gene P. said...

Hi Kelly and Happy New Year 2011.
You are amazing and covering many bases. Your work keeps gaining into the Master Catagory.
Thanks for the 10 Year Celebration Card, great colors and shapes. Congratulations on your rapid and Masterful Accomplishments!!!

I am 7 weeks past a successful spinal-surgery and already feel 20 years younger.

Hey, what are you doin with those Minnesota Turkeys at your studio?

Best Wishes,
Gene P.

Kelly Borsheim Artist said...

Wow, congratulations Gene! I am happy to hear that you are recovering beautifully AND actually feel like it was still the right thing to do!

Minnesota turkeys ... ;-)