Monday, October 26, 2009

Male Nude Study Prudhon Art


Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

While I spend most of my day painting and sculpting, I also try to squeeze in some drawing time. There are naturally several reasons for this, but mostly, I love the feel of pencil or charcoal on paper. And I love the quality look of a good drawing.

In order to keep up my skills and hopefully put great art techniques into at least my subconscious, I have been creating copies of great drawings. This time I present to you my second copy of a male nude figure by Paul Pierre Prud’hon.

Like my first Prudhon copy, “Male Study for an Allegory of the Rhine River,” this untitled male figure (I call him simply “# 2”) was drawn with charcoal and white pastel. He is on Umbria-brand paper that I brought back to Texas with me from Italy. The black and white drawing on a crème-colored paper measures 17” x 12” and will sell for $600 + $20 shipping (Texas sales tax of 6.75% applies to some).

If interested in acquiring this drawing of a beautiful male figure, either click on the PayPal button below or contact the studio.

And thank you for your interest in classical figurative art.







# 2
“Male Figure Leaning Over”
charcoal and white chalk drawing
(Italian) Umbria paper
17” x 12”
by Kelly Borsheim, after P.P. Prud’hon

If you would like to see some of my current original drawings, please visit this link:
Luce dall'oscurità

October is National Arts and Humanities Month


No comments: