Monday, May 25, 2009

Florence Draws in Italian Street Painting Competition

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

Here are some of the images of street paintings the madonnari representing Florence, Italy, created during last week’s street painting competition in Nocera Superiore, Italy. In the next entry, I will show you my work.










If you like what you read, enjoy the photos, and would like to help support this blog(ger) / artist, click here . . .


Buon Compleanno (Happy Birthday), carissima Hafiza!


3 comments:

Theresa Taylor Bayer said...

Kelly I'm totally amazed at how you do that street painting without smudging the durn thing, and so beautifully at that. Do you levitate while working?

Pierre said...

Truly amazing! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

Kelly Borsheim Artist said...

Ha, Theresa, no, I do not levitate, but it has occurred to me to rig up a "cirque du soleil" setup. It is a little interesting to me that those of us 'madonnari' who have a more classical art training tend to be the dirtiest of all of the street painters. It might be those mixing of tones, or, as I suspect in my case, I just enjoy being dirty ;-)

Thank you, Pierre. Nice to get feedback once in a while.
ciao, ciao,
Kelly