Monday, March 9, 2009

Positive Bicycling in Florence Italy

Cari Amici (Dear Friends),

After yesterday’s post you may have wondered why I would not do without my bicycle in Florence, given a choice. So, I thought I would include today some of my favorite positive images of bicycles in Florence.



I do love the way people use their bici. I enjoy the businessmen with their briefcases strapped to the rack over the back tire, or more often over the front. Mothers who can put one child in front of the handlebars, while another baby sits behind the driver impress me (see image of the yellow bike). I have also seen a combination of the two – a businessman traveling with his briefcase AND his child on the bicycle.



And I love the stylin’ ladies. Great clothes in all colors and styles – and those Italian spiked shoes on a bike – Mamma Mia!

I enjoy seeing the little kid bikes and I like being able to travel faster than I can on foot. I also cherish how much STUFF I can carry with my bike. Most of all, I love the way friends ride together on the same bike. It is carefree and charming.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Bike Views !
Thanks for sharing Kelly.
We in US could take some healthy lessons from your Artful observations.
Gene P.