Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wisteria e Primavera in Florence, Italy


Cari Amici,
I live outside the city central now. While it makes my life more complicated, I do enjoy hearing the birds more while I am actually home and not in the studio. And I am learning more about this lovely city of Florence as I walk more around her.

La Primavera (spring) is here, but most days, you would not know it. It is raining more than last year, my friends say, and so, I am hoping the Arno River will get a bit cleaner and the plants a lot greener.


I include here some of the images I took along a street near my new home of wisteria, one of my favorite vines. These fragrant cascading flowers are beginning to blanket the sidewalks. In this way and in their purple color, they remind me of the jacaranda trees in Florida.

Look for an exhibit of my work in Florence, Italy, May 22-24. More information to follow.
Thank you for reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl hope things are going well for you. the pictures are nice. how do you travel back and forth now that you have moved? from what you were saying its seems to me your tired. im glad you have friends there to help you when you need help...Rodney

Jo Castillo said...

Lovely photos, flowers and sunsets. All time favorites. :)

Glad you are feeling better and have a home!

Take care,