Monday, February 11, 2008

Raining Confetti in Florence



One recent evening on my way home from the studio, I noticed that it was raining confetti again. Italians – or maybe only Florentines – seem to love showering the streets on any or no apparent occasion with lots of colored paper dots.

This time I looked up and saw a young child diligently reaching into a loaded bag held by, I presumed, her nonna (grandmother). I waved as I called, “Buona sera! Permesso?” asking for permission to take their photos as I waved a camera in my hand. I thanked them as I moved on to my next stop, but it is moments like these that remind me of why living in a small city can be charming.




PS Buon Compleanno – H Happy Birthday, (brother) Steve! ti amo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey wow very cool...Rodney