Monday, September 17, 2007

My "Blue Madonna"


This morning I returned to the art supply store closest to my flat and purchased the cobalt blue, a yellow, and some oil painting medium. This stuff is so juicy, I had forgotten how sometimes I just want to suck the paint right outta the tube. It is this squishiness that I love so much about oil painting and what led me from paint to clay. Sexy!

Hmmm. I am almost finished with my painting on a board of my copia di "The Blue Madonna" by Carlo Dolci. I shot this image of my little painting this afternoon -- not the best lighting and not the most parallel I have ever gotten the camera. She is about 16" x 12" -- I should have measured her before I left my room to go use the Internet.
However, I really like this image and I hope that you will, too, because I am offering her to you at a very special price of
only $200, plus $25 to ship her from Florence, Italy, to the destination of your choice anywhere in the world (with a good address).

How to Buy: I accept checks, cash, and credit cards via PayPal. The latter is probably the easiest method -- and safest for both parties. If you would like to have my "Blue Madonna" please send me an e-mail that includes your request, your mailing address, and most importantly, your e-mail address. I will then send an invoice to your e-mail address, and we go from there.

Thank you so much for your support and interest!
ciao, ciao.
Kelly

1 comment:

Kelly Borsheim Artist said...

Oops -- bad blogger, Kelly.
I forgot to follow-up to say that I had an unexpected fantastic response to this posting. "Blue Madonna" was sold by the time I woke up the morning after the post, with a couple of other interested parties. Thank you -- everyone! Few things worth doing in life can be done alone. grazie.