Thursday, September 27, 2007

La Bella Luna - Full Moon Over Florence, Italy



Oh how I love the moon! I know that I am a Leo, but always, I have felt a stronger
connexion to la luna. And tonight he is full and filled with beauty. But alas, there are many clouds and a wee bit of rain over Firenze, and I cannot see him tonight. Last night, I went to meet a friend in Piazza Signoria about le ora 20:00. The moon was rising perfectly behind the Basilico of Santa Croce. I only had a 'snap and shoot' digital camera with me, which can never capture the moon as the eye sees him.

And while I waited for my friend, I entered the Loggia near the Uffizi Museo/Galleria (where the sculptures are), and snapped more fotos of the full moon caught under an archway that connects the Uffizi to the Palazzo Vecchio. I was hoping of a repeat display tonight so that I may obtain better images on my digital SLR. Hmmmmmmm. I hope you enjoy this others from last night. Buona notte!

1 comment:

River Michaels said...

Hi Kelly,
You recently emailed me by the name of Candace asking you about where to find a lost wax class... Anyway, I've been reading your blog and I have to tell you that on the same night that you were so inspired by the moon in Italy on 9/26/07 - I was thinking and staring at the same moon in Houston and wrote some good poetry that night as a result. A friend of mine showed me that when there is a full moon - you can see the full body of a rabbit. So, visualize this - if you are staring at the full moon,and looking at the darker shadings of the moon, the rabbit is facing left and looking up to the sky and you can see his long ears stretching back and the side silouette of his body. Once I saw it, it was plain as day. From now on, I will always see the rabbit instead of the man in the moon. So, with this inspiration, I wrote a poem called Full Moon Rabbit about longing for a love that will never be. That same night, I also wrote a poem called "Red Velvet Dragonfly". For some reason, I felt compelled to share that story with you. I hope that you will visit my blog too and read my poetry. You seem like an amazing woman and I look forward to reading about your adventures. I went to Rome a couple of years ago and fell in love with Italy.
My blog is: http:\\www.rivermichaels.blogspot.com

p.s. I admire your adventurous spirit
River

p.s.s. The Italian graffiti was so beautiful - how romantic.